As a child care business owner who is constantly bogged down with day to day tasks, often times you can lose sight of why you began your journey in the child care industry to begin with. In order to stay motivated and continue to strive for excellence in your business, you must take a step back once in a while and rediscover what is fueling your passion. In the video below, Coach Brian Duprey shares his insight and tips to help you clearly define your “why” for owning your child care business.
Here are the key takeaways from this video:
- The “why” behind your business can be defined by three questions that you need to ask yourself.
- What makes you cry?
- What makes you sing?
- What do you dream about?
- It is easy to get stuck defining your “why” when you currently feel stuck in your business. To help the process along, start by going out and buying a notebook and begin writing down your journey so far. Sometimes all it takes is being reminded of how far we have really come in be inspired.
- If you are just starting out as a child care owner or feel like you are currently at your bottom, never forget that you can always start a new journey tomorrow. If you don’t like your story in life so far, start writing a new one today.
- Many times the people who love us believe that they are helping by telling us not to aim too big and to instead pursue small dreams. They do this because they are fearful of watching us fail and being left with a feeling of responsibility for our failures because they encouraged us to do too much. When you are told this, don’t be afraid to throw what they say out the window and stop them from holding you back. You will never forgive yourself if you don’t dream big and stretch yourself to achieve those dreams.
- Not only is this important to your personal success and growth of your business, but it is also important to share the “why” behind your drive with your staff to inspire them and encourage them to work together towards a common mission.