In the Child Care Success Academy™, we are constantly proud of the perseverance of our clients. We are impressed at the level of commitment they demonstrate in order to positively transform their businesses and lives.
I’ll be honest, when owners come to us feeling hopeless and lost in their own businesses, it takes a lot of hard work, sweat, and more often than not, even tears to turn things around. But they push through all of this because they know from our client testimonials that it is possible to stop feeling hopeless in your child care business.
The video below features CCSA Coach Tameenah Adams at last year’s Child Care Success Summit. She gave a 10-minute talk and shared her own personal story of her child care business (and lifestyle) transformation, and the steps that she took to get where she is today. I assure you, your jaw is going to drop as she explains why joining a mastermind group of like-minded child care owners was the best step toward change she has ever made.
Here are the key takeaways from this video:
- In addition to being a Child Care Business Coach for the Child Care Success Academy™, Tameenah Adams is also the owner of two child care centers in Washington D.C., the owner of a staffing and training company, and a mother of seven children.
- Before Tameenah was a coach for the Child Care Success Academy™ she was a member of it, desperate to discover ways to find better staff and spend less time in her centers.
- From applying the teachings and methods she learned from being a member of the CCSA, Tameenah has been able to go from working 60 hours a week in one of her centers to working under 20 hours a month between the two of them. She is now able to simultaneously work fewer hours while generating additional revenue.
- Tameenah discovered the CCSA when she stumbled upon the Child Care Success Summit™ in 2016. Ever since Tameenah attended her first Summit, she has transformed her mindset to become the CEO of her business and life that she had always dreamed of.
- While attending the 2016 CCSS, Tameenah had a life-changing “a-ha” moment and that was to start working ON her business rather than in it.
- When Tameenah first joined the CCSA, she was at a low in her life and was struggling to see the light at the end of the tunnel. However, she became reassured by surrounding herself with a network of like-minded peers and coaches that were there to support her.
- She then decided that regardless of whatever bottom she was at during that time that she needed to push through it and “just do it.” She started putting in the work and the results only kept motivating her to keep going.
- Tameenah wants us all to remember that “When you’re at your bottom, remind yourself that you need to continue to ‘just do it’ for yourself and your business.”
- By joining a mastermind group, you can increase your net worth by implementing the fresh ideas you discover through the new network that you surround yourself with. When you figure out how to take advantage of that new network it will be easier to figure out how to use it to your advantage and increase your own net worth.
- If you don’t think that you have time to be a part of a mastermind group, think again.
- Reflect on how much time you spend Googling and researching questions you have when you can simply ask them to a room full of other child care owners at mastering meetings and receive immediate, clear answers.
- Even if you have a full center with a waitlist, there is always room for improvement at your school. Tameenah had these things but needed to work on her staffing, so the first idea she implemented was creating a hiring e-packet to attract potential employees.
- Tameenah’s bottom line message is: You need to…
1. Increase your network
2. Make this job work for you
3. Spread your love