Tym the Trainer has been holding Early Childhood Education workshops and cruises for over ten years and leads his own school brand in Texas, with six locations. Tym joins the show to talk about innovation in school systems, conscious discipline, and navigating the new paradigm in our world to do things differently and innovate post-pandemic. Tym and Kris also discuss how we can think outside the box in the new normal and appreciate the pause button we’ve been given.
Now also streaming NEW WEEKLY video recorded versions of each episode on YouTube! Visit our channel, The Child Care Success Company, and make sure to subscribe so you never miss a new recording!
Click here to listen to more episodes of Child Care Rockstar Radio™ with Kris Murray!
Here Are the Key Takeaways From This Episode:
- Tym and his team started their programs with a focus on creating a unique environment that fostered self-regulation and social and emotional development for young children. Tym is a very busy guy with his hands in a lot of different pies. Half of his business is training and consulting, and the other half is operations. They continue to build and acquire different properties along with a solid after-school program that provides support for children after their day at public school.
- Great leaders play offense by mapping out what the future is going to look like as best they can, post-pandemic. People that approach their business with a spirit of innovation will have a better chance of succeeding and pivoting to what the market needs.
- School leaders need to reach out to the media and send out press releases communicating that the industry is here to stay, we aren’t crumbling, and we don’t need reform.
- We have to adapt to the new normal and think way outside the box to put together programs, clubs, and activities that will provide children the best education for the current times.
- The after-school programs will be a huge opportunity to innovate and supplement the gaps typical schools may be missing.
- Tym has found profound results using Conscious Discipline in his culture from everything regarding the way teachers manage their classrooms, staff turnover, and leadership.
- One of the main things Conscious Discipline helped with was providing a skill set for adults and children to react appropriately and regulate emotions when things don’t go their way.
- Tym shares a story of overcoming a challenge while acquiring two properties at the same time in 2013, which he will never do again! His advice from this situation was to not bite off more than you can chew, learn to say no, and be careful what you wish for because you might get it, times two.
- Tym defines a Child Care Rockstar as someone who is proud, passionate, and purposeful about their work in early education.