Today’s episode will inspire you to get out there and be the true badass that you are! My guest today, Karina Wyllie, is a motivated self-starter that owns two daycares in New York, Koala Park Daycare. While an incredibly accomplished entrepreneur, Karina is still committed to being a forever student in the school of leadership. She takes cues from Tony Robbins, Simon Sinek, The Child Care Success Academy, and more, and it trickles down effortlessly to her staff. We talk about how she operates her schools, what her priorities and insights are coming out of COVID-19, the importance of a growth mindset, and some different ways to think about leadership. This is an authentic and raw conversation filled with so many resources to get you to believe in your biggest asset; you!
Now also streaming video recorded versions of each episode on YouTube! Visit our channel, The Child Care Success Company, and make sure to subscribe so you never miss a new recording!
Click here to listen to more episodes of Child Care Rockstar Radio™ with Kris Murray!
Here Are the Key Takeaways From This Episode:
- [7:08] Karina shares why she started out in the ECE industry and s brief history of her two Koala Park Daycare locations.
- [11:30] Karina shares the inspiration behind selecting the name “Koala Park” as the name of her daycare.
- [16:38] Karina shares some of the insights that she has gained throughout COVID-19.
- [21:12] Kris asks Karina how she divides her time between her two locations and her hiring strategies for both of them.
- [25:32] Kris asks Karina to share the licensing requirements that she has to meet in order to operate out of homes.
- [26:26] Karina shares where she is at in her journey of expanding her business.
- [30:32] Karina shares who her leadership role models are and what industry experts she follows.
- [38:47] Kris asks Karina to share one thing that she would do different in her ECE journey if she had to do it all over again.
- [42:17] Karina shares how she defines a Child Care Rockstar.